Tuesday, June 27, 2017

THE CHAUFFEUR by A.P. Hallmark

THE CHAUFFEUR
by A.P. Hallmark

Genre: Romance


April Sanders is beautiful and educated. She’s also a chauffeur. Her elite client list is quite extensive, and Jason Rowe is one of them.

From the moment he lays eyes on her, he tries to gain her attention, but unlike the other women he’s encountered, she isn’t impressed. Imagine his surprise when he learns she’s been hired to drive exclusively for the family.

Remaining the dedicated professional, April rejects Jason’s advances. That is until she receives the approval of the family matriarch. Her life will never be the same.

When a business deal goes sour between Jason and a competitive business associate, April gets caught in the crossfire. After a series of suspicious and ominous incidents threaten the Rowes’ inner circle, Jason’s possessive and protective nature knows no bounds where Ms. Sanders is concerned.

The Rowe’s are powerful and have powerful connections. When a member of the family is wounded, there’s no stopping the force behind them.


“Sure. Kyle, would you like to join us Wednesday night?” I ask, getting back to work. As I bend over to start emptying the box marked ‘kitchen’ I look at him, seeking his answer, and discover that he and Jason are having a silent conversation.

“Sounds good, April. I’ll bring the wine.”

Good manners dictate that I invite Jason, as well. “Jason, would you like to join us? I mean, if you aren’t busy?”

He pushes off the counter and throws his empty beer bottle in the garbage.

“Thank you, but I can’t. Maybe some other time?” He ghosts his hand down my arm, pulling me to him. “I want you all to myself,” he whispers in my ear, lying his stubbled cheek next to mine. A breathless moan gets caught in my throat.

Straightening, he looks around the apartment. “Your place looks great, April. Welcome home.”

“Thanks.”

“Good night everyone.”

“Good night, Jason. Thanks for the pizza and beer,” Emily calls.

“Yeah, Jason. Thanks!” Adam shouts across the room, waving. I notice that Sam doesn’t say a word.

I’m angry at his rudeness and head out the door to apologize for his behavior. Just as Jason turns the corner, I hurry to the top of the stairs, and I say it.

“Jason?”

He stops and stills for a moment before turning, greeting me with a smile.

“Thanks for your help today and the pizza,” I say, pulling on the long strings of my cut-off jean shorts.

He takes the stairs one gradual step at a time to stand directly in front of me. My heart begins to palpitate, and my breathing becomes erratic. I take a step backward when he angles himself above me, forcing me against the wall. Placing his hands on either side of my head, he lowers his face close to mine. I can feel his warm breath on my cheeks, and when his hand cups the back of my neck, goose bumps cover my body. What I didn’t expect is the strange tingle making itself known low in my belly. Lord, if he knew how my body was reacting to his touch right now, I would never hear the end of it.

My hands search for purchase against the wall and my eyes close when he fists my hair. Gently tugging, he forces my head back even further and just when I think he might kiss me, he stops. His lips are so close I feel their heat. I focus on his mouth and wait, but he just stops. As soon as my eyes meet his, his mouth crashes down on mine, and he holds me captive as he consumes me. A whimper escapes my throat when his tongue touches mine. And just like that, he stops. My heart begins to pound in anticipation when he looks at my mouth, leaning toward me again. Eager, I close my eyes and wait for a kiss that never comes.

When I open my eyes, he’s gone. Taking a deep breath, I release a heavy sigh and rest my head against the wall. As I turn to go in, I’m startled to see Kyle leaning against the doorway, watching Jason’s aftermath.

“You’re in trouble now, April.” He laughs and turns to go back inside.

“Wait. What? What do you mean by that?” I shout, chasing him back inside the apartment. 





A.P. Hallmark resides in Reno, Nevada, near her youngest daughter and four grandchildren. A paralegal in real life, she started her love of reading at the young age of fifteen, beginning with her first Harlequin Romance … and Fabio.

Her male characters are strong and possessive, her women are strong and feminine. With two powerful lead characters, her stories are filled with adventure, romance, and sometimes their will to be the last one standing gives her readers a fun ride.

Facebook ✯ Amazon ✯ Goodreads ✯ Twitter ✯ Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment